I was forced to stay in the basement for three hours, mother let me out and told me that we needed some food from the store. She handed me a list, and told me to be back by four. This was my chance in the wee hours of the morning, I ran towards town. I stopped with the money I had been given for food and bought some young adult clothes for myself before I ran towards the Prince's houe.
He had the door open, when I arrived and quickly rushed me inside. I couldn't believe it, I had made it.
The first thing he did was take me in his arms.
"Oh beautiful sweet Esme, I'll never let them hurt you again."
I pulled back and I looked into his beautiful eyes, and he looked back.
The look I saw in his eyes, was the look I saw in the eyes of all my mother's husbands. It was the look of love.
"I have to tell you something, Esme."
"Tell me then,"
Everything stopped, and I watched his face.
"I've been in love with you, since the day I met you. I know that sounds wrong and I know there is a few years age difference but I love you.."
"I love you." Honestly, I think I did. I'm in love with the Prince of Twinbrook.
"Oh Esme, my darling. Go wait in the drawing room while I go and fetch something."
The drawing room? I had no idea, what that was or looked like. I wondered around the bottem floor of the estate and still couldn't find anything that I would consider a drawing room.
"There you are my darling." His voice was so beautiful, it made my knees weak.
He gave me, a quick shy peck on the lips.
There was a reaction when he did, like my soul just went oh there you are I've been looking for you. That kind of reaction, when I opened my eyes he was on on knee in front of me.
"Esme, my darling, I told you not to read the papers today, and I may look like a fool if your answer isn't what I hope it will be. But thats what love is right? You do stupid things, and you may look like a fool in the end."
Before I could say word, he pulled out and opened a small box.
"This ring has been passed down for generations in my family, from each mother to her son. I offer this ring to you, with the promise to make your life the best you could ever imagine. Will you wed me tonight or shall I stand and look like a fool to the town? I will wait forever if I have to."
"Yes, I will marry you!"
"Come with me, we only have two hours and we need to find you a dress."
The dress we found for me, was grand. People pointed at me, whispering "Isn't that the Starling's maid?" I didn't mind, I was marrying the most wonderful man in the world.
"With this ring, I take thee Esme Emily Starling, as my lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health. For better or worse till do we part. I promise to give you everything you could ever imagine my love."
"With this ring, I take thee Prince Micheal Charming, as my lawfully wedded husband. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health. For better or worse, till death do we part. You are my knight in shining armor I promise to do everything I can to make you the happiest man in the world."
That night for the first time, I fell asleep next to the man I love. Exicted for the morning to come, and wondering what the future will bring. But for once, not wondering what it would be like to be happy.











No comments:
Post a Comment